Wherever you work, be it in an office, shop, restaurant, factory or even in a field or on a plane, we’d love you and your colleagues to get stuck in and take part in our ‘wear something WOW’ campaign!
It’s really easy, promises to be a lot of fun, and most importantly, it’s going to make a big difference to the lives of vulnerable children around the world.
Fundraising at work is a fantastic way to encourage team work and to motivate your staff. How about setting a WOW dress code for a day all staff to dress for a night on the town or how about a day at the beach or a 007 theme?!
For a suggested donation of £1 or whatever you can afford, we would like you to tweak your outfit for a day, to prompt a smile, raise an eyebrow, or provoke a second look! Every penny will benefit SOS Children’s projects supporting orphaned, abandoned and vulnerable children.
Register for your free fundraising pack
If ‘wearing something WOW’ isn’t your cup of tea there are so many other great ways that you can be involved and really make a difference to so many orphaned and abandoned children’s lives.
- Swap clothes with your colleagues for the day
- Hold a naughty but nice coffee break with lots of WOW cakes for sale
- Win a day’s holiday sell raffle tickets and the winner gets a day off of work
- Put unwanted Christmas gifts to good use and hold a raffle
- Swap jobs with your boss for a day
- Hold a WOW fashion sale at lunch time bring in clothes you don’t wear any more and sell them to your colleagues, donating a percentage to WOW
- Who’s the baby competition staff to bring in a picture of themselves as a baby and you have to guess who’s who. Have a prize for the most correct answers and charge a small fee to enter
- Hold a ‘wear something WOW’ dinner or lunch in exchange for a small donation to WOW
- Hire an outrageous fancy dress costume; how about a ‘ballet dancing bear’ and each member of staff makes a donation to see their boss wear it for the day. The boss with the most donations dons the outfit!
- Organise a sponsored walk, aerobics marathon or cake eating competition
- Hold a karaoke evening, with a prize for the best outfit & performance!
For more great ideas visit our A-Z of fundraising, whatever takes your fancy, you can make it WOW!
Simply register to take part and receive your free fundraising pack, then spread the word about World Orphan Week to everyone you know. Our WOW pack is stuffed full of great fundraising ideas, tips, stickers and posters.
Once you’ve settled on your WOW idea, choose a day or evening to hold your WOW event. World Orphan Week includes Valentines Day this year so how about a Valentines theme, add a touch of red to your outfit for the day or wear a rose in your hair?
Make sure everyone has the date in their diary, advertise on the intranet, and use our WOW posters in the staff room and around the office.
Don’t forget you can really help the WOW appeal by getting your suppliers, customers, friends and family involved too. If you have children at school ask them to take this WOW schools leaflet in to their teacher - WOW is a great opportunity for school children to learn about other countries, cultures, religions and ways of life.
On the day
Have fun with your WOW event, take pictures and collect donations. You could also send details to your local press, they love to hear about fundraising events.
Once you’ve collected in the money for World Orphan Week, it’s easy to pay in your money see our make a donation page for more details.
Other important ways companies can help
We are delighted that Monsoon and Accessorize are partnering our WOW appeal again this year by producing a glorious scarf for adults and beautiful bag & bandana for children, profits from which will be donated to WOW. Family favourites Hamleys and Great Little Adventures are also helping to promote the appeal.
Could you consider:
- Selling a product or service and donate a percentage to WOW? Cause-related marketing is not only emotionally fulfilling it also makes good business sense. CRM can positively differentiate your business from your competitors, build brand loyalty, raise sales and increase positive media coverage. If you are a restaurant you could donate a percentage from a WOW dish or if you are a manufacturer or retailer why not have a WOW item for sale?
- Choosing SOS Children as your charity of the year? We have many specific projects that need funding. Last year Blackrock financed the building of an SOS Primary school in Malawi, some of their staff were able to visit the area and they receive regular updates on the progress of the school and the children. We can guarantee that 100% of your funds go to your chosen project. This is an extremely rewarding way to encourage team work and to motivate staff.
- Sponsoring the printing of some of our marketing materials?
- Including a WOW leaflet in your mailings?
- Linking to our website? If you feel you can do this get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com
- Show your support for WOW by including a footer on your emails? This costs you nothing but raises awareness of the charity you support. If you are unsure about how to do this please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Persuade your company to match funds raised by staff?
Register for 'wear something WOW'
If you're interested in taking part in ‘WOW’ and would like a fundraising pack to help get you started, simply register with us by completing the online form or call 01223 365589. We won’t pass your details on to anyone else.
Read about some of the incredible children your money could be helping.